Venture is the biggest manufacturer of Xbee PCB in China. If you have a business, or you are a distributor and supplier, Venture is always a good choice!
Depending on your specific applications, Venture can produce different kinds of Xbee PCB to satisfy your needs.
Xbee PCB features:
- 250kbps Max data rate
- 3.3 V @ 215 mA
- 1 mile (1500m) range
- Fully FCC certified
- Built-in antena
- 6 10-bit ADC input pins
- criptografia 128-bit
- 8 digital IO pins
- AT or API command set
Your Leading Xbee PCB Supplier in China
If you are looking for the reliable manufacturer and supplier of Xbee PCB, you are in the right place! We will help you find the right PCB that will help your business!
In China, Venture is the biggest manufacturer and supplier of Printed Circuit Boards. So, we are able to manufacture the highest quality Venture Xbee PCB for you.
Venture Xbee PCB is embedded RF modules provide simple serial to IEEE 802.11 connectivity. Through bridging the low-cost or low power requirements of wireless device networking, our Xbee PCB creates the following new wireless opportunities:
- gerenciamento de energia
- redes de sensores sem fio
- process and factory automation
- gestão inteligente de ativos
With these strict requirements, the modules give developers device-to-cloud and IP-to-device capability. Venture XBee PCBs are designed to communicate with access points in existing 802.11 infrastructures.
Venture manufactures the most reliable, easiest-to-use, and cost-effective RF devices Xbee PCB. They are designed to provide two friendly modes of communication. And this is a simple serial method of transmit-receive or a framed mode
At Venture, you are ensured with the quality of our Xbee PCB. We make sure that our valued customers will satisfy the unique features of our Xbee PCB.
Aside from Xbee PCB, we also deal with an Xbox PCB, wifi router PCB, cell phone PCB, Xbox one controller PCB, radar PCB, and many more.
Along with our immediate response from our 24/7 sales and tech support team, we will be your best Printed Circuit Board partner in China.
For more information about our Xbee PCB, you can contact us directly!
XBee PCB: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
If you have any question about XBee PCB, you will find the answer right here.
It’s because this guide covers everything about XBee PCB, from design, material type, features to specifications, amongst others.
Então continue lendo para saber mais.
- What Is An XBee PCB?
- What Are Some Of The Types Of XBee PCBs?
- What Are The Common Form Factors Of An XBee PCB?
- What Operation Modes Can An XBee PCB Employ?
- What Antenna Types Can You Employ With The XBee PCB?
- What Are The Key Parameters To Consider When Dealing With XBee PCBs?
- Where Can You Employ The XBee PCB?
- What Are The Important Technical Specifications Of The XBee PCB?
- What Is The Difference Between An XBee PCB and Zigbee?
- How Do You Choose The Right XBee PCB for Your Application?
- How Do Xbee PCBs Communicate?
- What Are The Important Electrical Characteristics Of XBee PCB?
- What Communication Interface Specifications Does The XBee PCB Employ?
- How Do You Set Up Your XBee PCBâ€™s Power Design?
- How Do You Ensure Optimal Antenna Performance From Your XBee PCB?
- How Do You Handle And Store The XBee PCB?
- Can You Rework An XBee PCB?
- What Are The Voltage Related Issues You Find In An XBee PCB?
- How Do You Implement The RF Trace On An Xbee PCB?
What Is An XBee PCB?
Xbee PCBs are small chips that you can wirelessly connect with each other wirelessly.
You can use XBee PCBs to accomplish basic things like replacing serial communication wires in remotes.
You can embed XBee PCBs into devices to provide wireless end-point connectivity.
XBee PCBs support high-throughput applications that demand low latency and consistent communication timing.
An Xbee PCB
What Are Some Of The Types Of XBee PCBs?
You find the following types of XBee PCBs:
XBee Series 1
A XBeeGenericName Series 1 PCBs are the simplest to operate, requiring no configuration and hence suitable for beginners.
These circuit boards provide point-to-point communication in the same way that the Series 2 does, but without the hassle.
X Bee Series 1 with Antenna
XBee Series 2
You have to configure an XBee Series 2 PCB before employing it in your application.
These PCBs can work transparently or employ API commands, depending on the firmware you use to set them up.
You find these circuit boards are incredibly flexible since you can run them in a mesh network. However, this aspect makes them more difficult to use.
Additionally, the XBee Series 2 boards are incompatible with Series 1 modules and have been phased out of production.
X Bee SerIes 2 PCB
The XBee ZB PCB is essentially an updated version of the Series 2 employing new firmware. These board type can function with API instructions or run transparent mode.
You can use the XBee ZB PCB in a mesh network, making them extremely versatile and useful modules. You can download the updated firmware and do the upgrade yourself.
While the firmware in the ZB PCB and Series 2 are incompatible, you can easily interchange them. However, you have to choose which firmware you wish to use and stick with it.
Nonetheless, these modules cannot function with the Series 1 XBee PCB.
X BEE ZB PCB
What Are The Common Form Factors Of An XBee PCB?
You find three form factors of the XBee PCB: through-hole, surface mount and micro-mount. The através do orifício form of the XBee PCB employs plated drilled holes through which you make a connection.
Para o montagem em superfície form, you employ solder lands to attach the module to the circuit board. The micro-mount form is similar to the surface mount only employing very small surface attachments.
Common Form Options Of An XBee PCB
What Operation Modes Can An XBee PCB Employ?
You can operate the XBee PCB in two main modes:
Here, the data that enters the Data IN (DIN) pin is sent over-the-air to the intended receiving radios without being modified.
Incoming packets can be directed to a single target (point-to-point) or distributed to several targets (star).
You typically utilize this mode when an existing protocol is unable to tolerate data format modifications.
You control the radio’s settings using AT commands.
X Bee Transparent Mode With Alternate Pins
In this mode, data is encapsulated in a packet format. This format provides for parameter setting, addressing, and packet delivery feedback.
You also find remote sensing and control of analog input pins and digital I/O pins.
What Antenna Types Can You Employ With The XBee PCB?
When using the XBee PCB, you can employ the following antenna types:
- Trace Antennas: These are constructed directly on the circuit board alongside the conductive traces.
Also known as PCB antennas, they perform similarly to wire antennas.
Trace Antenna On An Xbee PCB
- Wire Antenna: It’s just a small wire poking up, similar to what you’d expect to see on an antenna.
- Chip Antenna: The chip antenna is a tiny chip that functions as an antenna.
Quick, simple and low-cost, these antennas are essentially trace antennas printed directly on the circuit board.
- U.FL Antenna: This is a small connector for connecting your antenna. It is useful if your circuit board is enclosed and you want your antenna to extend beyond it.
- RPSMA Antenna: You find this consists of a larger connector for connecting your own antenna. You find this useful if your board is boxed and you desire your antenna to be external.
Summary Of The Different Antennas Available
What Are The Key Parameters To Consider When Dealing With XBee PCBs?
Some of the key parameters you consider with an XBee PCB are:
Consumo de energia
This is the amount of power that the device generally consumes during transmission.
To avoid unpredictable events or brown-out issues, your system should generate enough current for the transmission and some more.
When transmitting and receiving data, protocol is the language the XBee PCB “speaks”.
You can make a device to utilize a different protocol by modifying the firmware. However, you need a specific protocol for Bee PCBs.
For simple networks with a transmitter and a receiver(s), a point-to-point communication protocol is ideal.
If you have a number of ‘nodes’ that need to communicate with each other, a mesh network standard is ideal.
The XBee PCB’s working frequency has an impact on its range, interference potential and penetrative force.
For lower frequencies, you need larger antennas for optimal transmission.
Such antennas also have more penetrating strength for transmitting through obstructions such as walls.
Several factors influence the range of an XBee PCB.
These include the device’s transmission power, the antenna type attached, prevailing conditions and the surrounding barriers.
You achieve maximum range in perfect conditions and line-of-sight in open air.
When communicating in an enclose area or through walls or other obstacles, this distance will be shorter.
The Tx (Transmit) Power indicates how much power the device actually sends out. When choosing an antenna for an XBee POCB, it is important to consider the transmission power. If you need to reduce it, you can alter it in firmware.
When choosing the right antenna or antenna connector for an Xbee PCB, there are a few things to consider.
Most modern XBee PCBs have a trace antenna which you create using conductive traces on the module itself.
While they perform similarly to wire antennas, they occupy less space.
Attaching an external antenna to your wireless device when built into an enclosure can be advantageous.
Taxa de dados
The XBee PCB’s ability to connect over the air also affects how reliably it can communicate over long distances.
Slower rates of transmission can be advantageous if your network covers a vast distance.
Where Can You Employ The XBee PCB?
The XBee PCB finds use in many different applications.
You find XBee PCBs employed in the making of robots that are remotely controlled.
You also find thee circuits employed in sensor systems such as house alarms and light control networks.
Many wearable devices also employ XBee PCBs as well as in local telemetry.
A Wearable Device That Uses An XBee PCB
What Are The Important Technical Specifications Of The XBee PCB?
When purchasing an XBee PCB, some of the important technical specification include:
- Rate of radio frequency and interface data transmission.
- Frequência de operação.
- Indoor and outdoor range.
- Transmission power and receiver sensitivity.
- Operating voltage.
- Serial data interface usually UART, SPI and/or I2C.
- Frequency band employed and network protocol.
- Number of channels and memory.
- Transmitting current, receiving current and power-down current.
- Antenna and package type.
- Faixa de temperatura operacional.
What Is The Difference Between An XBee PCB and Zigbee?
An XBee PCB is an embedded module that combines: a host interface, a form factor, and a set of protocols.
You can employ it for a wide range of applications, including ZigBee and high-throughput applications with low-latency.
ZigBee is a 2.4 GHz wireless protocol made for low-bandwidth applications like home automation and smart lighting.
ZigBee is a mesh network with nodes that can each serve as wireless data endpoints.
Until it reaches the router, data goes from node to node.
You can run a variety of application profile stacks on top of it with the capability to function across different devices.
Water Heater With A Zigbee PCB
How Do You Choose The Right XBee PCB for Your Application?
When selecting the right XBee PCB for your application, consider the following:
- Localização: the location describes the environment of application of the XBee PCB including the proximity if the communicating devices.
- Protocolo: Protocol refers to the language of communication of the XBee PCB and its interaction with other communicating devices.
- Especificações: There are several specifications such as range, operating frequency, transmission power and battery life that you consider.
- Taxa de transferência: It quantifies the data amount that will travel over the network and the frequency of transmission.
- Topologia: The topology defines the devices you intend communicate with the XBee PCB and how they’re set up.
- Região: The region of application influences the frequency of operation and the maximum power.
How Do Xbee PCBs Communicate?
XBee PCBs send and receive wireless data by communicating with one another over the air. These circuits can only send and receive wireless communications but not manipulate the data received or transferred.
You find two types XBee PCB communication: wireless and serial communication.
In wireless communication, you connect the XBee circuits in a single network and employ a similar radio frequency.
Serial communication occurs via the serial interface between the XBee PCB and the intelligent device linked to it.
What Are The Important Electrical Characteristics Of XBee PCB?
When working with an XBee PCB, you find the following electrical characteristics essential:
- Input and output voltages.
- Fonte de energia.
- Input leakage current.
- Internal pull-up and pull down resistance.
What Communication Interface Specifications Does The XBee PCB Employ?
You find the following communication interface specifications for the XBee PCB:
UART (Universal Asynchronous Transmitter Receiver)
You find this is the most prevalent protocol for full-duplex serial communication.
UART is a single LSI (large scale integration) semiconductor with asynchronous communication capabilities.
You employ this gadget to transmit and receive data between systems.
SPI (Interface Periférica Serial)
The SPI is a synchronous serial communication interface specification employed largely in embedded systems for communication over short-distances.
SPI devices utilize a master-slave architecture to communicate in full duplex mode, with a single master.
I2C (Inter-Integrated Circuit)
I2C is a single-ended, packet switched, synchronous, multi-master, multi-slave serial communication bus.
You commonly use it in short-distance intra-board communication to connect lower-speed peripheral ICs to processors and microcontrollers.
How Do You Set Up Your XBee PCB’s Power Design?
A poor power supply, can cause your XBee PCB to fail, especially where the supply voltage exceeds the tolerance levels.
You can employ capacitors close to the VCC connector to reduce the noise in your XBee PCB.
You can also employ a decoupling capacitor and switch frequencies above 500 kHz when using a switching regulator for power supply.
Also limit power supply ripple to a peak to peak of no more than 50 millivolts. Also position the lower capacitance capacitors nearer to the XBee circuit for optimal results.
How Do You Ensure Optimal Antenna Performance From Your XBee PCB?
The position of the antenna is critical for optimal performance.
You can achieve optimal antenna performance by employing the following tips.
Raise The Antenna To A Vertical Position
Antennas transmit and receive the best signal when position at a right angle to their pointing direction.
Thus, the omnidirectional radiation pattern of a vertical antenna is more pronounced across the horizon.
When Feasible, Keep The Antennas Away From Metal Objects
Between the transmitter and the receiver, metal items can impede the radiation route or shorten the transmission distance.
How Do You Handle And Store The XBee PCB?
The XBee PCB is a moisture sensitive device.
You therefore need to specially handle and store when utilizing this type of equipment.
You can keep in mind the following conditions:
- You can keep the XBee PCB in a sealed bag for 12 months at 40°C and 90% relative humidity
- When in the production environment, the temperature and humidity ratings should be: 30 degrees Celsius/60 percent relative humidity.
- When you meet condition b, the interval between bag opening and reflow procedure commencement shouldn’t exceed 168 hours.
- Where you don’t meet requirements b and c, you need to carry out baking.
- Where the humidity inside the bag exceeds a RH of 10% or greater, you require baking.
- When baking, bake the XBee PCBs for between 4-6 hours at 125°C. You tray stacks should not exceed 10.
Can You Rework An XBee PCB?
You shouldn’t rework an XBee PCB to avoid voiding any extended warranty.
However, you can rework the XBee PCB if you do not mind losing the warranty privileges.
In such a case, you can detach the XBee PCB by employing a rework station using a hot plate or hot air.
You need to ensure you do not overheat the board.
You can experience a heat rise during rework that exceeds the melting point of the internal solder.
Make certain that you do not detach the board components from their positions.
What Are The Voltage Related Issues You Find In An XBee PCB?
When working with an XBee PCB, you highlight the following voltage related issues:
If the VCC pin dips below the required lower bound of the voltage range you may experience voltage brownout.
When the supply level returns to normal, the SoC may fail to restart correctly and become unresponsive.
To recover from this position, you fully power cycle the XBee PCB. The failure rate increases when the power supply’s ramp down rate slows.
You cannot encounter the conditions that cause this failure when you keep the part within the described operational voltage range.
Voltage Ramp Up Discontinuities
The voltage ramp up discontinuities is identical to the voltage brownout problem.
If the VCC supply has discontinuities in the voltage rise at around 1.2 to 1.8 V, the SoC may malfunction.
To recover from this position, you fully power cycle the XBee PCB. Slower power supply ramp up rates increase the failure.
You can avoid the problem by gradually increasing the power supply’s operational range.
How Do You Implement The RF Trace On An Xbee PCB?
You make an antenna connection to the RF pad via an RF trace transmission line transferring signals.
You violate modular certification if there are any additional components between the device and the antenna.
You can employ a microstrip or if you require more isolation a coplanar waveguide.
In comparison to a coplanar waveguide, a microstrip takes less space on the PCB.
You send the signal to multiple PCB layers. Thus, a stripline is unfavorable as it might cause problems with matching and performance.
The following guidelines are important when implementing the XBee PCB’s RF trace:
- Place the RPSMA jack next to the device to reduce the length of the trace.
- Directly or through closely spaced vias, connect all of the grounds on the jack and the device to the ground planes.
- Any ground fill on the top layer should be at least twice the distance. That is, 0.028″ for Micro modules and 0.050″ for surface mount modules.
- Provide a regulated thickness dielectric material for the top two layers.
- Connect a ground plane underneath the RF pad region on the second layer. The distance should be equivalent to the dielectric thickness from the top layer.
- Determine the impedance of the transmission line relative to the ground plane using width of the RF trace.
- Configure the XBee PCB to the RF pad device at a right angle using the through-hole RPSMA jack.
I know you may also be interested in:
Para qualquer dúvida ou consulta, contacte-nos agora for all your Xbee PCBs.